County Clerk

Aimee X. Espinoza

1115 Truxtun Avenue

Bakersfield, CA 93301-4639

Office Hours: 8:30am - 3:00pm

Monday - Friday (Excluding Holidays)

Office Number: 661-868-3588

CEQA - Submitting a Notice

You can file CEQA Documents by mail or in our office.

  • By Mail:
    Send the documents to be filed and payment for the appropriate fees. Enclose a self addressed stamped envelope if you wish to have a conformed copy sent back to you. You may pay by check (personal, company, bank, or cashiers) or money order. Credit cards are not accepted for mail orders. Send your payment to:

    Kern County Clerk
    1115 Truxtun Avenue, 1st Floor
    Bakersfield, CA 93301
  • In Person:
    All notices must be posted within 24 hours of receipt in the County Clerk’s Office (Public Resources Code 21152(c)). All filings should be left in our drop box and they will be posted and available for pick up from the County Clerk’s office within 24 hours. You may pay by check (personal, company, bank, or cashiers),or money order.

To help our office in entering important and accurate information for posting your CEQA document, please submit a transmittal memorandum with your notice. Click here to download the transmittal memorandum.