Wedding Ceremonies

Your marriage license will be effective immediately and will be valid for 90 days. Someone who is authorized to perform marriages in California, as provided in Family Code Section 400-401, may perform your ceremony at a location of your choice. The Kern County Clerk’s Office does not perform civil ceremonies. We do however, provide a list of Officiants and you may obtain that list from the County Clerk’s Office lobby or by clicking on the link below. We are not recommending any of these individuals. We have not investigated them personally or professionally. We do not advocate the use of anyone on this list. There are other sources of names of officiants available that can be found in the phone directory or by searching the internet. We do not guarantee or represent that responsibility to insure that the officiants you choose to perform your wedding ceremony is someone with whom you want to do business.

List of Officiants