County Clerk

Aimee X. Espinoza

1115 Truxtun Avenue

Bakersfield, CA 93301-4639

Office Hours: 8:30am - 3:00pm

Monday - Friday (Excluding Holidays)

Office Number: 661-868-3588

Minor Marriages

Information for a Marriage License

If one or both parties requesting a marriage license are under the age of 18, then a court order and judge/parental consent for the minor must be obtained and filed with the county clerk before a license can be issued. This applies to emancipated minors as well. Minors may only apply for a regular (public) marriage license. For additional information, contact the Kern County Superior Court Family Law Facilitator’s Department or click here.

To schedule an appointment or for additional information contact:

Kern County Probation Department

2005 Ridge Road - P.O. Box 3309

Bakersfield, CA 93385

(661) 868-4100

* Note: Please bring marked items with you to your appointments so we may complete the process as quickly as possible.